Creative Writing
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Elena Marchal Amate

The wallet which helped him get to know himself Empty The wallet which helped him get to know himself

Jue Ene 17, 2019 1:02 am
The wallet which helped him get to know himself
- And how did everything happen? – Phoebe asked enthusiastically.
- If you want, we could sit in this cafeteria which is next to this park and I could tell you all retail- Juan said.
Juan and Phoebe were walking to this cafeteria which was full of people because of bad weather on the street. There was a single empty table at the back of the cafeteria, they took a seat and then, they asked for a long intense coffee in order to accompany these afternoon of adventure which Juan has to tell.
- This summer, Tony, Mary and I were in my grandfather’s pool when, suddenly, Mary proposed to us to go to London where her aunt has a house. She told us that we could go without having to pay accommodation. We didn’t think about it and we bought the flights at that moment. Then, we went to tell this our parents.
- I wish I had been this day in order to I could go too – Phoebe told.
At that same moment, the waiter arrived with the coffees and those chocolate heartshaped puff pastries which were freshly made. Enjoy! – the waiter said with a grin from ear to ear.
Juan took some coffee, he cleared his throat and started talking again.
- The expected day arrived. We had the flight at 10 in the morning in Madrid. Tony, as always he was late, and we thought that we wouldn’t have time to catch the flight, but finally everything ended as we expected. Well, we arrived at 1 at the noon in London and my aunt, Helen, was waiting for us at the airport in order to accompany us and take us to her house. Once that we were staying, we decided to go to eat and I would say that I won the lottery that day!
- Why did you win the lottery? – Oh Juan, you totally intrigued me, could you follow the story, please? – Phoebe said
- Well, Mary ordered a full hamburger, Tony still did not know what to eat and I ordered fish and chips. While Tony decided what he was going to eat, I went to the bathroom for a moment.
Juan paused and drank coffee and ate a piece of the heart-shaped puff pastry and he continued talking.
- I was walking by a long corridor which took me to the bathroom when, suddenly, I saw a small, leather and brown wallet. In this moment, I was stopped and thinking about what I could do with it. First, I picked it up from the ground, and when I was sure of nobody had seen me, I quickly ran to the bathroom.
- And what did you do with the wallet? – Phoebe said.
- I was shaking at that moment, but I stopped to think. I decided to tell it Tony and Mary so I left the bathroom and went back to the table. During the meal, I was tense and my friends noticed me and asked me what was wrong with me. I waited for both to finish eating and I told them what had happened to me.
- If I were in your shoes, I would have kept the wallet.
- For nothing! That is not having a heart and being a thief.
Juan got angry and paused again, but he immediately told the story again.
- Mary and Tony spent a minute thinking because they did not know what to tell me and suddenly I told them I was going to go to the police and deliver it. Tony told me that he also thought that it was the most correct and modest option. However, Mary told me to open the wallet and looked inside, and if there was money in it, I should keep the money because they were not going to tell anything. However, I told her that it didn’t seem fair to me and that she should think about whether she would like to be in the situation of the girl or boy who has lost the wallet. Then, Mary reflected and decided that the best thing they could do was go to the police. Finally, we paid the bill at the restaurant and headed for the police.
- And what happened next? – Phoebe asked intrigued.
- We arrived at the police and there the policeman did me a questionnaire about everything that had happened and how I had found the wallet. After this, the policeman told me that he was one of the few people who turned the wallet in the police and told me that he was going to contact with the boy of this wallet because
there were documents in it which are a help to identify the boy perfectly.
- Oh my good
- Well, once the policeman finished talking, Mary, Tony and I decided to go for a walk and visit some nice places in London. We were walking when suddenly my mobile phone rang. I took out the mobile which was inside my pocket and I saw the number that was calling me; it was an unknown number but I decided to take it. I asked who it was and suddenly someone said me: Hi Juan, I am Mario, the boy of the wallet which you founded, you don’t know how grateful I am that you returned it because it has very important documents. Thank you very much really, could we see? I had remained silent during the conversation and at the end, I said yes. Mario sent me the location where we were going to see, but it was too far from where we were and they didn’t want to come.
- And did you do at the end?
- Well, I decided to go to alone because I was curious to meet this boy, although I didn’t know why so he only was a boy who had got his wallet back. Well, I arrived at the meeting place, but I couldn’t identify Mario because I’d never seen him before. I wrote him a message and told him I was already there and he replied that he was the boy with the raised hand. Suddenly, I identified him.
- And how was the meeting?
- First, Mario gave me a hug and thanked me a million times. After standing there talking for two minutes, we decided to sit on a bench next to us and began to talk about our lives.
Juan stopped for a moment and he told Phoebe that when they were sitting on the bench, he was feeling something strange in his stomach, like when you fall in love at first sight.
- Juan, but you didn’t girls? – Phoebe said.
- That’s what I thought, Phoebe. But that same day I realized that a person of the same sex attracted me and made me feel those nerves and illusion that, with a girl, I had never reached that.
- Oh mu good Juan, so are you gay? – Phoebe asked.
- Yes Phoebe, I am.
- I am very proud of your and that you are telling me with complete confidence.
Juan sighed and kept telling the story.
- Well, Mario and I talked for a long time. I looked at the clock and saw that it was time to go home; the hours were passing next to him very quickly. Before I left, Mario confessed to me that he was so grateful that I returned the wallet because his mother died recently and the only picture which he dad of her was always in his wallet. At that moment, I understood everything, and suddenly, Mario started to cry. I went to give him a hug, but he lifted his face and kissed me. At that moment, I didn’t know what to do so I decided to let go. When we had finished kissing, Mario told me that he had been delighted to meet me and that he was from Seville who was hoping to see me there because his house was mine. I said the same to him and I got up from the bank and left.
- I can’t believe what you are telling me, it looks like a romantic movie Juan –Phoebe said.
- Yes, everything happened the way I am telling you.
- Well, what did you do next? Did you see him again? Count me please!
- I went to my aunt’s house and told Mary and Tony. At first, Tony, who is very cool, laughed at me but as time went by and we had a conversation, both were happy for me and told me that I had been very brave and faithful to myself. Finally, we decided to enjoy the three days we had left in London.
Juan drank his last sip of coffee and asked Phoebe for her opinion.
- Juan, I am so glad you realized you are gay, we choose who we want to be in our lives forever and if a man makes you happy, then you go for him. Nothing and nobody ever take anyone’s desire away from you. We always have to go after what makes us happy and that the opinion of others doesn’t affect our decisions and our lives. Okay? - Phoebe said.
- Thank you very much Phoebe, I will always keep in my mind these words which you just said me.
Suddenly, Mary, Tony and Mario entered through the cafeteria door and Mario covered Juan’s eyes. He turned his hands away from his face, turned around and shed two tears when he saw that it was Mario, the boy who had helped him feel and discover himself. At the moment, everyone smiled.
- Thank you for being the best gift of my birthday, Mario – Juan said on that evening of his birthday.