Creative Writing
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Iremares

Remember me  Empty Remember me

Miér Nov 21, 2018 8:51 pm
Remember me

“Until always Lali…”

Laura woke up suddenly to hear that phrase, the same nightmare of each night. When she opened the eyes, she looked to her right to see her husband sleeping, Alex, one of the most important doctors in the city. It was very early but, but Laura decided to go to the rooms where her children, Sonia and Jaime were sleeping peacefully and Lara, the guardian dog. Laura seeing them was afraid of her new stage. Tomorrow they would move to their new home because Alex would start working at the new hospital in the north and she... What would she do with her life?

The next day, a normal day, Laura prepared breakfast for the family while Alex finished saving the last boxes in the car. When Laura picked up all, she looked at the whole house again because it would be the last time. They had been living for 5 years with good and bad times: First day of the children’s school, Lara’s arrival at the home, her mother’s death, her voluntary dismissal…She left a lot of things behind to decide about her future in her new house.

During the hours of the journey, Laura watched the streets, her first dance school, the park where they played, the school ... Everything was left behind until she saw the neighborhood of her new city. There were tall buildings, long streets, huge parks and many opportunities to find a job where I was really happy.

When they parked in the garage and Alex removed the poster “Of sold”, they entered their new home and to the surprise, they found a rare wooden box in the middle of the entrance…

It was a medium wooden box, it looked very old and dirty, as if it had been stored for a long time. Laura was with her mouth open, could not gesture because she saw a paper on which she said: Lali.
Lali was the name her mother always told her and no one else had told her since she died. When he opened it he saw a small basketball and immediately began to cry. None of this made sense... Why that object? How had the box arrived at his new home? And the most important, how did she know she had arrived there?
When Laura was able to remove all the paper, she found a letter from her mother so she sat on a bench to read it:
“Maybe none of this makes any sense to you, but I hope this letter makes you recover your dream and play again. When you left basketball to take care of me and to work to earn money for my operations in any restaurants, I know you did it because you were never going to leave me. Daughter, you always told me that life was to live it every second and not to surrender. Now that I'm gone, I tell you the same, I hope you go back to where you belong and fight for your happiness. You were mine; it's still mine even though I'm in sky. I know Alex will know when to give you this letter. Love, mum”.

In the end, Laura found meaning in her life and knowing where her place was. So, Laura went back to playing basketball. She began again little by little to train and recover the illusion that she had lost.